Events ~ Children’s Books
There are several events that occur each year, such as Family Literacy Day, World Read Aloud Day, Canada Book Day/Week, Family Day. These are great opportunities for authors (on- and off-line) to share their amazing stories, support their community, and at the same time increase awareness about their books.
How can authors participate?
Here are a few ideas to get you started…
- Get active on social media – add supportive comments, share or re-Tweet posts, think community involvement (not sales – which would be incongruous to event)
- Update your platforms’ profile/bio/banner to ensure all online sites indicate:
- you’re a Canadian author
- include book title(s), cover (if permitted)
- website is active and linked
- include relevant hashtags