GET KIDS WRITING – Introduction
Get Kids Writing! with Fast-forward Authoring Templates, by Kids for Kids BooksTM (KfK Books) – a division of TRIMATRIX Management Consulting Inc.(TRIMATRIX) – is sharing FREE templates and examples of how to get kids engaged in writing. While at home, working with your children/students #PhysicalDistancing, having #FUNwithkids, looking for ways to help with #LearningActivities ~ Enjoy!
GET KIDS WRITING! – Introduction
Here’s how it works…
- Have your templates printed and on the table, along with crayons, colouring pencils, pencils, etc.
- Tell your story to present the theme and set the stage.
- Engage the children/students by asking questions.
- Immediately, have them draw and/or jot down their ideas – whatever comes into their heads, get it down on paper.
- Then, ask more questions to help them add detail and organize their writing.
- Next, have them share their story and celebrate their efforts, which are amazing in any form they take!
For older students, you’ll adjust templates accordingly and encourage them to expand on separate pieces of paper, one for each section of template.
Make a book – You could scan images, type text, and put into a document on your computer, print off and bind together with staples. Or, even more fun and rustic, get larger sheets of paper (11”x17”) and paste the images and hand-written text onto the sides of the sheets, fold and stitch the seam with coloured thread or twine. You could even use a scrap book and decorate the pages with stickers, etc. to suit the theme and writings.
Kids for Kids BooksTM Young Author Publishing Adventure Program published over 50,000 students in its school collections, so we know these Fast-forward Authoring templates work! With often only one school period to work with the students, we needed to move fast, and the kids really liked seeing their writing come together so quickly as well – it hardly seemed like work! (The editing part was completed after all the creativity was captured-:)
While TRIMATRIX doesn’t offer the in-school program any more, we still enjoy encouraging kids to write and advocate for literacy programs for kids and adults. And, of course we are delighted to work with many talented adult authors to help them self-publish their books in Canada!
Set an example for your kids, write your own book!!
Have a great read, write, rejuvenating Canada summer!!