We’re wishing you an incredible long weekend filled with sun, relaxation, and quality time with family and friends.
Whether you’re using this weekend to write, or are taking a break from the process, it’s important to schedule things into your life that allow you to rest and rejuvenate.
Here are a few of our favourite ways to fill our cup:
- Long walks in nature
- Reading a good book
- Taking a nap in the middle of the day
- Getting creative by trying a new hobby
- Cooking a delicious meal
- Reconnecting (safely) with friends and family
- Lazing on the beach
- Surrounding ourselves with colourful things
- Wearing our favourite sunglasses
- Unplugging from social media
- Going to a farmer’s market
- Having a picnic
Maybe, checkout BookNet Canada’s latest edition of the Canadian Leisure & Reading Study, released earlier this year, where they asked 1,253 English-speaking Canadians over the age of 18 all about their leisure and reading habits in 2020. Or, have a look at their blog post for some of the highlights! Perhaps, see how your leisure and reading activities stack up compared to the rest of Canada? Take BookNet Canada’s quiz to find out!
What are your favourite ways to rest so that you come back to writing even more inspired?0