It is surprising the number of entities out there looking for a way in to websites so they can use your website or attack your webpages for nefarious purposes.
Besides having an SSL certificate, make sure you’ve also covered the basics* to help keep your site safe:
- Do you have the latest content platform update (e.g., latest version of WordPress), latest coding version (e.g., PHP)?
- Is your theme up to date? Do you have a back-up theme?
- Are your plugins up to date? Are they trusted plugins and/or purchased versions? (Tip – setting these to automatic update, provided that what you have installed won’t mess with your theme is certainly something to consider.)
- Are you checking your Site Health and Updates regularly? (from WordPress Dashboard: left menu – Dashboard/Updates & Tools/Site Health)
Here are some other things to consider for general WordPress optimization:
* This is NOT an extensive list! Be sure to consult your webmaster to see what other measures should be taken, regarding updates, site maintenance, security, etc.
What suggestions do you have to help our readers with their websites?0