Making your book more widely available ~ global selling ~ Amazon Marketplaces
So you might say: Why not start expanding my market to other Amazon Marketplaces?
A few things to consider
- different countries have different rules about such as taxes, intellectual property, business registration ~ read about the rules first before signing up to sell in a specific country
- consider how you will distribute and the shipping costs vs. the allowance you are given via your seller account
- Fulfillment by Amazon might be an option. Amazon also provides a list of shipping partners that you could take a look at using.
- you may have to manage different seller accounts
- For example, to sell across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, you will need to create listings on Amazon.com, Amazon.ca., and Amazon.mx. Please note that creating offers in the first marketplace where you register (e.g., Amazon.ca) and beginning to sell there does not automatically populate offers in the other marketplace (e.g., Amazon.com); if you want to sell in all three marketplaces, you will need to create offers in each marketplace
You will need to set up your Amazon selling account for the online marketplace where you want to sell. Even if you already sell in one Amazon marketplace, you will need to create a new seller account in another marketplace. For example, if you sell in the United States or in Japan and want to sell in the United Kingdom, you need to create a new Amazon seller account for Amazon.co.uk.
TIP: If you are on a Professional Selling Plan you have access to a ‘unified account’ facility to manage listings within a given marketplace.
When you sign up as a Professional Seller (or convert your account to Professional Seller) you will have access to sell on US, Canadian, and Mexican Amazon marketplaces through a North America Unified Account. This will enable you more easily to share product listing information and manage your inventory consistently across all three marketplaces. For all per-item transaction fees, sellers will pay the fees applicable to the marketplace in which the item was sold. If you’re a Professional Seller, you will only be charged one monthly subscription fee for selling in North America. [Similarly, with just one account you can reach customers from all across Europe with our five EU marketplaces (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.fr, Amazon.de, Amazon.it, and Amazon.es) and manage all your listings and inventory via the one Professional Selling account in Europe.]
Individual vs. Professional Selling
Fulfillment by Amazon
While this incurs storage and pick/pack fees, along with regular fees, it might be a solution:
- to encourage more sales as buyers can take advantage of free shiping through such as Amazon Prime
- save you time packing and shipping yourself, leaving more time for marketing
- help manage international shipping costs
Review the fee schedule to see if you think it is worthwhile for you: Amazon.ca Fulfillment Fees0