Things to do to generate ideas!
- Read – classic and newer children’s stories.
- Remember your own childhood. Try drawing a diagram of the layout of your childhood home – memories will flood back!
- Watch and listen – to the children in your life, to TV programs, the Internet, to the world of children.
- Write every day – in a journal or on a blog. And carry a small notebook to record ideas
as they strike.
- Attend workshops and writing groups – a great chance to learn and connect with other writers.
How do you find your ideas?