Publishing a book follows a linear process. Be sure to go through all the stages and see proofs at each stage!
- Plan – Understand self-publishing process and responsibilities, copyrights, and research your target audience.
- Decide – Theme, concept, and scope based on your audience.
- Develop content – Organize your content, write the words and avoid common pitfalls.
- Prepare and submit – To editor for polish and to illustrator for image creation.
- Design expertly – Use a professional layout artist for cover and page creation.
- Approve – See it all come together in a final proof and decide your print order quantity.
- Launch! Time to celebrate! Then begin the next stage – marketing your book…
This may seem like lots of steps, which is why a Publishing Manager can help (similar to a traditional publishing experience), but following the proper editorial process helps to create a professional book.0